Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Top 11 of 2011

I meant to get this out yesterday, but sadly didn't have time with all my New Year's Eve festivities. But I didn't want to let 2011 slip by with some sort of a wrap up. So I thought I'd commemorate it by making a list of some of the highlights. Here are the . . .

The Top 11 of ‘11:

These are some of my favorite discoveries of the year. While some of them didn’t actually come out this year, I saw or read them in 2011, so they count.

1. The Hunger Games Trilogy
Thank you Allie and Julie for insisting I read them! (Read my post on them here)

2. Alphas (SyFy channel series)
Thanks Steven for insisting I watch this show. I had no idea how awesome it would be!

3. Strike Back: Project Dawn (Cinemax channel series)
The best action series of the year. (Read my post on them here)

4. Crazy, Stupid Love
This one surprised me. Thought it would be a cheesy romantic comedy . . . turned out to be more.

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Knew it would be awesome. It didn't fail me.

6. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Thought the series was insane for making a fourth movie without Elizabeth Swan and Will Turner. Surprise.

7. The Muppets Movie 
Not only was this movie AWESOME, going to see it with my friends Tina, Annie, Jonathan, Sami and Andy made it even MORE awesome. I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed that hard in my life.

8. Michael Fassbender
                         

He played Rochester in Jane Eyre and Magneto in The X-Men First Class. I’d never heard of him before, but I loved him in both movies.

9. Once Upon a Time (ABC channel)
I went in to this show thinking it would suck . . . turns out, I LOVE it.

10. Atlas Shrugged: Part 1
When I heard they were making a movie out of one of my all-time favorite books, I was very, very scared. Thank GOD they didn’t screw it up.

11. True Blood series/The Southern Vampire Mysteries Books


My cousin Allie forced me to watch the show on our trip to New York. I wound up loving it so much I went back and read the books. Not my usual taste, but total guilty pleasure material.




No comments:

Post a Comment